The Electrify Everything Campaign
A Clean Energy Awareness & Facilitation Coalition Campaign
GOAL: To achieve 100% electrification of transportation and buildings in the Bay Area and beyond using 100% clean energy.
WHAT: We propose to form a coalition of partners to spread the word using the simple-to-communicate catchphrase: “Electrify Everything.” We will develop:
- Promotion materials (logo, art, blogs, infographics, swag) to raise awareness, and
- Resources that will make it easier to adopt the three elements of the campaign.
WHY: Although there is quite a bit of enabling programs in California, people have been slow to adopt all that is available. This campaign seeks to 1) make people aware of their non-fossil fuel choices for their cars, homes and businesses – their power and space & water heating. Further, 2) we will strategize together to facilitate the quicker adoption of these solutions. For example, did you know?…
- CCA’s make it easy for renters or homeowners to buy 100% renewable energy even if installing solar is not practical for them. The cost is modest, yet only about 3-4% of customers have opted to buy it.
- CARB funds a financial assistance program that offers disadvantaged communities grants for EV’s
- The CEC has the “Doubling Energy Efficiency Savings by 2030” plan, which includes all-electric buildings
350 Bay Area is spearheading getting the EE campaign going and recruiting partner organizations.
The ASK: Groups are asked to participate in the development of content and materials and in the dissemination/publicity of those.